Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Call in Information

Toll-free dial-in number:

1 866-440-8936

Local dial-in number:

416-343-2655

Global toll-free dial-in number:

800-9011-2680

Conference ID:

3912695

ALA in person meeting of CLDI Meeting of the Whole 

June 23, 2018

New Orleans ALA

15:00-17:00 CST

Café du Monde

followed by supper afterwards at 18:00 Tujague's Restaurant 

Sign-up for Meeting:

NameAttending Meeting @ Café du Monde - CASH ONLY

Attending supper

Tujague's Restaurant

(reservation for 10)

Joseph HafnerYesYes
Julie Cardinalyesyes
Adolfo Tarangoyesyes
Denise Koufogiannakisyesno
Daniel Paradisnoyes
Sharon Farnelyesno
Caitlin Tillmanyesyes
May Chanyesyes
Marlene Van Ballegooieyesyes

Meeting place info:


Supper info:

AGENDA FOR ALA:

  • Review of last meeting -notes below (Steering Committee)
  • Making progress on the Strategic Intentions
    • Review the chart of objectives/tasks/actions resulting from the strategic intentions
      • Suggestion for group project from Caitlin and Joseph
    • In Person Meetings 
      • Annual CLDI meeting - pick a day ; hosted by LAC/BAC
    • Updates from Working Groups


CLDI Meeting of the Whole

May 30, 2018

12:00-13:00 EST

AGENDA:

  • Review of last meeting -notes below (Steering Committee)
  • Making progress on the Strategic Intentions
    • Review the chart of objectives/tasks/actions resulting from the strategic intentions
      • Suggestion for group project from Caitlin and Joseph
    • In Person Meetings 
      • ALA (start forming an agenda)
      • Annual CLDI meeting 
    • Updates from Working Groups
  • Next meeting (July - meetings of the whole to take place every two months)

NOTES: (please add notes for May here...)


  • Review of last meeting -notes below (Steering Committee)
    • Start meeting with the Steering Committee one month and the Meeting of the Whole other months Alternating between the two groups
    • Educational workshops 
      • locally 
      • fall meeting
      • Linked Data Basics
    • Projects
      • Group projects
        • Theses
        • Maps
      • Institutional/local projects
  • Making progress on the Strategic Intentions
    • Review the chart of objectives/tasks/actions resulting from the strategic intentions
      • Suggestion for group project from Caitlin and Joseph
    • In Person Meetings 
      • ALA (start forming an agenda)
      • Annual CLDI meeting 
        • Diane Beattie has offered that we can hold the fall meeting at LAC
        • We need to confirm the dates - October-November time frame
        • We would have a workshop open to our members and members of the Ottawa community
        • We would have an in-person meeting for our members to review the year, our projects, outreach, progress on strategic plan, etc.
    • Updates from Working Groups
      • Groupe francophone : Lors de sa réunion du 4 mai dernier, le groupe s'est entendu sur cinq objectifs pour 2017-2019. Le groupe a aussi discuté et approuvé l'idée de faire une présentation sur l'ICDL et le Groupe francophone au prochain Congrès des professionnels de l'information ainsi que la proposition soumise par les coprésidents. Malheureusement, nous avons appris cette semaine que notre proposition n'avait pas été retenue. Enfin, le groupe a discuté le but du projet de données liées sur lequel il s'est entendu de travailler. Plusieurs membres voient le projet comme une occasion d'apprentissage ou un banc d'essai. Tous ne s'entendent pas sur l'approche à privilégier et de plus amples discussions seront nécessaires pour dégager un consensus avant de pouvoir démarrer le projet.
      • Metadata WG. U of Toronto engaging more staff member in the linked data conversation and they have created a vibrant interest group that is meeting regularly, McGill student newspapers project is continuing with experimentation around NER, reconciliation, data modeling, Robin organised viewings of ALCTS webinars for library staff; U of Alberta and Cassalini; Wei at Scholars Portal also experimenting; several members of the WG attended the Stanford Linked Data conference.
  • Next meeting (July - meetings of the whole to take place every two months)
    • Next In person meeting to happen at ALA at Café du Monde on Saturday June 23, 2018 from 3:00 to 5:00 pm, then we will go for dinner at 6:00 pm.  *See signup and info above.


CLDI STEERING COMMITTEE (instead of Meeting of the Whole)

April 25, 2018

12:00-13:00 EST

AGENDA:

Welcome

Post-Strategic Planning review

NOTES: (please add notes for April here...)


Welcome

Post-Strategic Planning review

  • Steering Committee: (Steering Committee are the ADs or lead people from each institution involved)
    • What's next?
      • This group - meet every other month / alternating with the Committee of the Whole
      • Ian - interested in representing us with metadata standards groups/cataloguing groups in Canada, like the CCC; Daniel and Ian will review what makes sense for liaising with CCC
      • The Theses Project - how does it relate to other projects?
      • Project coordination?
    • Bringing together some various other projects
      • Can we bring together other projects?
      • Are there grant possibilities?
      • Can we do something with new standards? 
      • Is there something from the collections committee?
    • Strategic Intentions - Strategic Intentions and Action Items 2017-2019 
      • 3 main areas
        • Communications - Caitlin will make a chart in GoogleDocs and help us figure out how to rank them (Link to chart here):
          • Review the structure of the working groups and how they work together (Steering Committee)
          • Explore other ways to share information from WGs with each other (details, context, decisions made, learning) (Steering Committee with WGs)
          • Explore representation of members of WGs on other WGs (Steering Committee)
          • More coordinated outward web presence with bilingual information (Education WG and Francophone WG)
          • Try video conferencing options (Steering Committee)
          • Hold another annual in-person meeting next October/November 2018 (Steering Committee)
          • Hold regional CLDI workshops, training and/or summits (Steering Committee with WGs)
          • Continue raising awareness of linked data (Steering Committee and WGs)
          • LOOK AT: Public facing Strategic Intentions 
          • NEW: Talking to other metadata groups
          • NEW: The role of the Steering Committee in working with other groups, agendas and other others
        • Community
          • Hold another annual in-person meeting next October/November 2018 (Steering Committee) - Combine a training/workshop with a meeting?
            • Plan a Fall Workshop & Meeting
        • UX
          • Create charge for group (UX WG)
          • UX can work with the other groups (Steering Committee and UX WG)
          • Joseph will follow-up with Jenn and help keep it moving forward - Are we ready to move ahead? Please let people know if it is going forward (Aldolpho wants to know) - Are we waiting for projects?
    • Notes from that day- Session Notes ; Concept Map (DRAFT Sketch) ; ACTIONS (CT's list) - 
    • Theses project - Where are we with it? Do we want to keep moving forward? We will have Sharon let us know.
    • Casalini - 
      • Next linked data project - round 3 - anyone participating? Toronto was in phase 1; Alberta was in phase 2; Alberta and McGill looking at phase 3, but call isn't there yet; They are looking for partners; trying for Melon funding; how can we participate? How can we participate? 
    • Organizing next in-person events
      • MEET AT CRL - Anyone that will be there
      • MEET AT ALA - Saturday afternoon 3:00 - 5:00 ; Dinner together 
      • how do we share what people are learning from other for LD4P (Toronto sending Bilal will report on this)
      • CLDI workshops/sessions
    • Other business
      • Can we start having ZOOM or GOTO or WebEx Meetings so that we can meet with video & audio - Sheila will look into what is available; Joseph (what does HathiTrust use)
      • Sheila - Education materials developed that she can share related to linked data related to Museums; is should be available soon; in French and English



February 28, 2018

12:00-13:00 EST

AGENDA:

Welcome

Post-Strategic Planning review

Round Table Updates from WG Chairs (2 to 3 mins per group)

  • Steering Committee (Joseph and Caitlin)
  • Digital Projects (Sharon and Rob W.) -
  • Education and Training (Robin & Heather)
  • Groupe de travail francophone (Daniel et Danielle)
  • IT Working Group (Jenn & Bilal)
  • Metadata Working group (Marlene & Andrew)
  • User Experience () -
    • Proposal for next steps (Jenn and Eka)
  • CHIN/GLAM (Bruno and Shelia)

Other business/Questions/Concerns (5 mins)

NOTES: (please add notes for February here...)

Welcome

Post-Strategic Planning review

Round Table Updates from WG Chairs (2 to 3 mins per group)

  • Steering Committee (Joseph and Caitlin)
  • Digital Projects (Sharon and Rob W.) -
  • Education and Training (Robin & Heather)
  • Groupe de travail francophone (Daniel et Danielle)
  • IT Working Group (Jenn & Bilal)
  • Metadata Working group (Marlene & Andrew)
  • User Experience () -
    • Proposal for next steps (Jenn and Eka)
  • CHIN/GLAM (Bruno and Shelia)

Other business/Questions/Concerns (5 mins)

___________________


January 31, 2018

12:00-13:00 EST

AGENDA:

Welcome

Post-Strategic Planning review

Round Table Updates from WG Chairs (2 to 3 mins per group)

  • Digital Projects (Sharon and Rob W.) - will regroup in Feb to talk through next steps for Can Link project as well as WG as a whole;starting to work with Antonio (UofT) on mapping DC to Can Link data model
  • Education and Training (Robin & Heather)
  • Groupe de travail francophone (Daniel et Danielle)
  • IT Working Group (Jenn & Bilal)
  • Metadata Working group (Marlene & Andrew)
  • User Experience () -
    • Proposal for next steps (Jenn and Eka)
  • CHIN/GLAM (Bruno and Shelia)

Other business/Questions/Concerns (5 mins)

NOTES: (please add notes for January here...)


Post-Strategic Planning review

  • Strategic Intentions - Strategic Intentions and Action Items 2017-2019 - Updates/changes/review - follow-ups from Working Groups and Steering Committee
    • Reviewed what the different round tables are doing with the Strategic Plan
    • Everyone should put their group meetings on the Calendar place on the Intranet
    • We need to translate our Strategic Intentions into French - Volunteers? Julie?
    • Steering Committee look at creating a document for the public about this and concept map
  • Notes from that day- Session Notes ; Concept Map (DRAFT Sketch) ; ACTIONS (CT's list) - 
  • Next steps?

Round Table Updates from WG Chairs (2 to 3 mins per group)

  • Digital Projects (Sharon and Rob W.) - will regroup in Feb to talk through next steps for Can Link project as well as WG as a whole;starting to work with Antonio (UofT) on mapping DC to Can Link data model
  • Education and Training (Robin & Heather)
    • Heather now co-chair.
    • continuing work with ongoing projects, set priorities for the year: Goals and Objectives of our Group
    • also looking to how best to address the three strategic intentions, part of that involves new project proposed by Heather.
  • Groupe de travail francophone (Daniel et Danielle)
    • Lors de sa réunion du 1er décembre 2017, le groupe a passé en revue les intentions stratégiques de l'ICDL et y a rattaché ses propres objectifs particuliers. Le groupe a aussi décidé de travailler sur un projet concret et circonscrit auquel tous les membres pourraient contribuer et participer. Il a été convenu de soumettre des propositions de thématiques avant la prochaine réunion. Le groupe veut aussi contribuer à mettre à jour la FAQ qu'il a traduite et envisage de l'utiliser éventuellement à des fins de formation.
    • Lors de sa réunion du 22 janvier 2018, le groupe a discuté et analysé les propositions de thématiques. Une courte liste a été déterminée et sera enrichie par des renseignements fournis par les membres et détaillant la quantité, la diversité ou l’intérêt du corpus documentaire de son institution afin d'aider à prendre une décision finale lors de la prochaine réunion le 20 février.
  • IT Working Group (Jenn & Bilal)
    • Met in December
    • Review of Strategic Intentions
      • Creating a learning culture: let's start with ourselves
        • Bringing up a triple store for self-learning and experimentation
      • Communicating effectively
        • IT to (continue to) have a member attend each WG's meetings, to listen in for support and collaboration opportunities
  • Metadata Working group (Marlene & Andrew)
    • Continuing project-based work
    • Discussed Strategic Intentions and Action Items at last call meeting.
  • User Experience () -
    • Proposal for next steps (Jenn and Eka)

  • CHIN/GLAM (Bruno and Sheila)

Other business/Questions/Concerns (5 mins)


  • No labels